Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pregnancy is a funny thing...

Pregnancy really is a funny thing....It has creeped by up until the last month or so and now all of a sudden, I'm a month away from my due date! That seems crazy soon, yet not soon enough at the same time ;) I guess with my belly as big as the house now-a-days...people, ALL kinds of people, have begun to ask the questions: "So when are you due?" "You're still pregnant?" "Has he dropped yet? I think so." It's truly bizarre. Only in pregnancy are complete strangers allowed to be so intrusive. It's kind of neat and annoying at the same time. People have started to focus so much on when I will have the baby, that waiting a whole month till my due date seems too long. With all the questions and comments, my mind has started thinking, "okay, let's have this baby already," when really I have a whole month left. I definitely don't want to rush the little guy. I want him as healthy as can be, but am getting more and more excited to meet him by the day.
So, I'm back to trusting God and His perfect timing. Struggling...but really this is easy compared to the other things in life God is asking me to trust Him with...such as: selling our house as we are about to embark on life in a tiny apartment. We're planning to move into the apartment sometime next week. I'll be going on 37 weeks pregnant and am feeling like a water buffalo, useless to help do anything in the way of packing or moving. I will do what I can. I'm actually a little excited to start the move because it means I will be getting our little guy's room put together. I'm excited cause what new mother wouldn't be about putting together a nursery...but also because it's a little bit stressful to not even have his bed together at this point, ONE month away. I am such a procrastinator. I've even surprised myself with the procrastination throughout this pregnancy. Maybe that will change once he's here....I hear people change after having a kid?? Hoping it's for the better... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey was looking at your FB wanting to see how cute you look pregnant and found your blog. So you guys are moving?

    ReplyDelete